Monday, September 15, 2008

We have Jacob!!!!

I loaded all the photos first because I know that is the most important thing. haha Scroll down as there are many more pictures of our big day. We had a great "Gotcha Day". When our guide picked us up and walked us next door to the neighboring hotel lobby we found that Jacob had already arrived. We walked in and I immediately spotted him across the room and headed in that direction. I squatted down to his height and he came right to me and gave me a big hug. He was grinning from ear to ear. He is so very tiny. He is actually shorter then Annabel by an inch or 2. You would think he was a two year old. We knew he was small and that is probably the reason he wasn't adopted before. It is just fine with us. He is such a doll. Very obedient, soft spoken, calm and collective. Total polar opposites of his sister Annabel. At first Annabel was a little jealous then she started playing with him and all was well again. We immediately took him back to the hotel to change him out of the bright pink sparkly pants he was wearing. Not only were they pink, but they were too big around the waste and kept falling down to his knees as he walked through the lobby. We went to lunch and he ate like a horse and has not stopped eating. I was told he eats a lot of con gee and noodles. That's ok we will get him to grow with a good all American diet of butter, whipping cream and fat and protein. That is what the doctor had us do for Annabel and she is growing like a weed. He layed down for a nap with Mark, but Annabel wanted him in bed with her. So we let them have a little time together then tried the nap thing again. he never fell asleep but he did relax for a while. he is such a doll. He giggles like crazy when he plays with Joey. We never even got the chance to blink it happened so fast this morning. The kids are very happy with him. They each have taken one of the kids under their wing and are doing a great job of helping us. we actually had to send them away to their own room so that Mark and I could bond with him. We were going to try to take them swimming tonight but I don't think he likes water much. I will let him sit on my lap and watch and see if he wants to try it. He talks a lot but we have no idea what he is saying. He just keeps looking at us and smiling from ear to ear. We will see what tonight and the next day or so holds. He might start grieving then. So far he is perfectly happy with us. It may even takes weeks or months for him to fully start grieving. each child is so different. Well we are off to the Civil Affairs office to make is official. Last year we did that on the day after we met Annabel. This time because there were so many families, we are all doing it today. I have already signed a ton of papers so I guess it is safe to say that he is officially ours. Praise God, we could not be happier.



















7 comments:

Lisa said...

He is beautiful!!!!!!! What a happy, happy day! I am so pleased for you all. We continue to pray. Thank you for posting so many great photos.

Blessings, Lisa

jan church said...

Hi.Mark, Tammie, You look so happy. Jacob is going to be a joy for you. I knew he would bond well with Joey. Such a blessing. I see Lisa was up early also. It is 4:00 am here and the minute I woke up. I wanted to see the pictures.
I love you, mom

Heather said...

Congrats to your family! Jacob is just beautiful!!! You all are such a great looking family:) Truly blessed!

sarahb said...

Oh my, he is so beautiful. Your whole crew seems to be doing wonderfully. I can imagine how proud you must be! What an amazing blessing. God is so Good!
We will continue to pray.

Laurie said...

Oh my- what a CUTIE!!! It was such a joy to wake up this morning to see pictures of you with your son. He is just precious!! The picture of your 2 little ones in bed was adorable! I'll be praying the rest of your trip goes as smoothly as day one! :) God bless!

Laurie L. (AWAA WC list)

Toni said...

God is so good! Congratulations:)

Brian and Megan said...

Tammie,
Brian and I both wept when we read your prayer, and it is so awesome to see He has answered. I wonder what marvelous things God is doing in the hearts of your kids right now, that will continue to be expressed over a lifetime. Your faith and your family are precious. We will continue to pray for all of you.
Megan Lockwood