Monday, September 8, 2008

We are Headed to China in less then 48 hours

Our bags are packed and we are more then ready to get on a plane and head to China. The last two months have been such a whirlwind that I cannot believe the time has finally come to go and meet our little guy. I want to send out a big hug and thank you to each and every one of you who have played a part in this adoption process. Your love and support has been amazing and has definetly helped us keep our sanity. Thank you to all who contributed to our yard sale, week after week after week either through donating items or purchasing found treasures. I am pleased that many of you have been able to officially purge your homes and get your garages back again. hehe But believe me, you blessed us so much in helping us to earn addition funds to help cover our adoption expenses. I also want to thank my church family for their very generous monetary donations over the last two weeks. Every penny in donations will be used to purchase items for the Luoyang Orphanage. These children are going to be blessed beyond measure by your kindness. It fills my heart to know that so many people I care about have the same care and concern that Mark and I do about this incredible epidemic of orphans around the world. God instructs us to care for them and I have seen so much of that in so many of you over the last few months. I have also been overwhelmed by the support from our community. There are so many good and kind hearted people in our world. Let's not forget that when we watch the evening news and everything seems so grim. God is at work daily in our lives and around the world. We just need to slow down long enough to see it. Well, the next post from us will be from 6,000 miles away. Please pray for our safety and health (especially the kids) and most of all for our little boys heart to be ready for us and the big changes that are ahead of him. And don't forget to stop and Praise God today. For He is absolutely good all the time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark & Tamara, We can not believe less than 1 year later you all are headed back to China for another precious one! We have been following your journey to Jacob and look forward to reading your posts from China. Faith enjoys seeing the pictures of Jacob & Annabel.

Keeping your family in our prayers!

Gary, Tonya, Sarah & Faith
(your fellow 07 China Travlers)

Lisa said...

I am so excited for your family. I was thinking about how fun it is that Claire's gotcha is Sep 18, Annabel Sep 17 and Jacob Sep 16. If we are not careful our families could rack up a week of gotcha celebrations in a row!

Be blessed! Lisa

tla08 said...

I just watched the video of Jacob opening his birthday gifts. I was brought to tears when he pointed to the picture and said "Mama and Papa". What a difference this will be , that he will know you! I am so excited to meet him! God Bless you all, I love you guys!
Hugs, Tammie