Friday, September 26, 2008

12 hours-but who's counting

12 hours and we will be sitting on a plane headed on our way home. We have had a wonderful 2 1/2 weeks filled with many wonderful moments. Our kids have toured places they would only have read about in school books and we have really enjoyed this time together as a family. We were able to experience together the moment we saw Jacob for the first time and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him. But our time here was also filled with some down times in which I needed to feel Gods presence so much. 6 days ago I sat in church and cried my eyes out because I was so home sick and saddened because Annabel and Jacob were fighting so much. I asked my self if things would ever calm down between them. Would they ever love or even like each other. Amazingly enough the sermon that day was on FAITH and how if we just have faith God will keep pouring out His blessings on us. I found it so amazing to sit in a Chinese/English service in which so much was unfamiliar and familiar at the same time and hear something that touched me so much. I took that to heart that day because I knew it was meant for me. God is never too far from us is He? Even half way across the world He knows what we need. It is amazing how things have turned around this week. Of course they have their little preschooler moments, but they have really bonded to one another in so many ways. If only they knew how much they had in common. I believe in my heart one day they will cherish the fact that God brought them both from across the world to live together as brother and sister in a home with a family who not only loves them but who are committed to raising them to know and love their Savior. I pray they both one day know just how special they were to be on this journey. I use to feel so saddened that they would never know their family history, but the more I think about it the more I realize it was ordained by God that this would be their path in life. All I can say is God must have some amazing plans set in place for them. Thank you so much for following our journey to China and for your wonderful comments and emails. It felt wonderful, especially on those homesick days to know that we had friends and family praying for us from a far. I have valued each day I was here and loved getting to know the Chinese people and culture. We have been treated wonderfully and will do all we can to raise our children knowing and loving their Chinese heritage, but I will tell you without thinking twice though that I am more then ready to come home. I miss everything about home. Please pray for our safe return home and especially for the weather. We are being hit tonight with very strong rain and lightning storms. We are praying it is past us by morning so our flight will not be delayed. The next post from us will be from our living room. God Bless!!!!!

No comments: