Monday, August 25, 2008

Another Jacob update

It is amazing how the littlest of news can give us so much hope. I have been communicating with an American who is working for a month in the Orphanage that Jacob lived at for his first two years. I know that the kids in foster care go to the orphanage occationally and some go there daily for preschool. We are not certain if that is Jacob's preschool or if he goes somewhere else. But never-the-less, she met him yesterday and was kind enough to send me a quick email. I sent her his pictures the other day so she has been on the lookout for him.
Hi Tamara,
I met your son today! I happened to be in the office using the fax machine when he came in with his foster mom to get some paperwork done. I thought I recognized him from your picture so I asked his foster mom what his name was--it was Jianshan! He was such an amiable little guy; he said "ni hao" to me and smiled away as he sat on his foster mom's lap and played with her purse and occasionally looked up to smile at me or her. I know that's not much to offer since it was such a brief interaction but I just thought you'd like to know that he looks happy and healthy and seems to be doing very well. Best of luck with your upcoming trip!
Best,
Sarah


Praise God for the people He has planted along the way of our journey that have been able to give us so much hope and encouragement. They are definetly like angels to us keeping watch until Jacob is in our arms.

No comments: