Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Home almost one full month



This Saturday will be the four week mark since we returned to the US with Jacob. He has been such a delight to get to know. I feel his adjustment and bonding has been wonderful so far. Annabel has had trouble adjusting to another child in the home but Jacob seems to take it all in stride. He started preschool last week and absolutely loves it. Today was his first day on what we call the "short bus". It is a smaller version of a regular school bus that transports children in early intervention preschool back and forth to school. It is an absolute gift from God. If it weren't for the bus that transports both Annabel and Jacob at different times during the week I would feel as though I live in my car. It allows me to get them the services they need while keeping somewhat of a nap schedule going for the one not in school at the time. It keeps everyone happy. He didn't like getting on the bus today but 5 minutes into the ride the driver said he was fine and when he arrived at school the teacher called me to tell me he was all smiles. Praise God. It has taken a few days to get adjusted to school but he loves it now. He has made a new friend and comes home attempting to tell me about his day. He jibber jabbers away telling me something. I am not sure what, but he is smiling while he tells us about his day. He sleeps great. All night without ever waking up. Now if we could just get Annabel to do that we would be doing great. Thank you for all of your emails asking about how Jacob is doing. It has been a huge adjustment having another preschooler (mostly on Annabel's part), but we absolutly love him to pieces. He constantly tells us he loves us and offers hugs and kisses. My kind of guy. It doesn't get any better then that.

1 comment:

Adeye said...

Yayyyeeeee....a wonderful update! Oh I am so happy for your family. Yes, your sweet girl will adjust, it will just take some time. For now....he is just invading HER space :) Kids learn quickly, she will get it soon!
What gorgeous pics. I don't think I have ever seen him NOT smiling...even in China. You are a blessed mommy!
Love
Adeye